Membership Renewal for Current ISBIS Members:
Payments can be made on-line using the following link: http://isi.cbs.nl/intro-payment.htm
Application for New Members (see below for benefits and types of membership):
On-line application for Regular, y-BIS or Student Member: http://isi.cbs.nl/isbis-form.asp
Or you can download, complete, and return the application form as indicated on the form:
Application Form for regular, y-BIS or student membership (doc)
Application Form for Institutional Membership (doc)
Benefits of Joining ISBIS:
ISBIS provides a variety of products and services as well as networking opportunities, including activities aimed at promoting the careers of students and recent graduates. In particular, ISBIS features:
- A biennial international conference that covers case studies, applications, best practices, and state-of-the-art research developments and attracts participants from across the world;
- An active slate of regional conferences and workshops as well as meetings that are co-organized with local societies to focus on the specific needs of the regions;
- An international journal, Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry (ASMBI) with free on-line access to ISBIS members;
- A regular newsletter;
- 25% discount* on Wiley books for ISBIS members (*some restrictions apply);
- A website www.isbis.org that provides broad range of information;
- Members Only area with free access to ASMBI and ISBIS sponsored events;
- A Young Statisticians’ group (y-BIS) that was formed as a part of ISBIS to facilitate communications among people starting their careers and provides support in a variety of ways — jobs network, Help Desk, social networking site. (For more information, contact Paulo Rodrigues at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lowest rates at all official ISBIS events.
Types of Membership
Individual Membership: Any person can become an individual member by applying for membership and paying the annual dues.
y-BIS Membership: Reduced fees are available to young statisticians who are graduated less than five years ago. Applicants must provide evidence of the date of last degree.
Student Membership: Students can join ISBIS for free. To be eligible, one must be enrolled at an educational institution and must be certified as a current student by a member of the academic staff of the institution at which the student is enrolled. Student members have all the privileges of individual members except for voting rights.
Institutional membership: Organizations whose objectives are compatible with those of the Society can join as institutional members subject to approval by the Executive Committee. These include educational and scientific institutions, business and industrial enterprises, government organizations, and non-profit institutions. Each institutional member can designate a representative who will have the same rights and privileges as an individual member. There are special rates for institutions from developing countries.
Honorary membership: This is for distinguished members of the society and is available by nomination only.